The fabled Bay of Fundy, known for its high tidal range, is located between the Provinces of Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. Our small group bus and coach tours are a great way to discover all this wonder of nature has to offer! The bay’s extreme tidal range, 54.8 feet, causes interesting phenomena in the various rivers that empty into it;
- Saint John River & it’s Reversing Falls
- the Tidal Bore, Shubenacadie River, where can ride the incoming tide on a “raft”!
- and other river systems as well and more . . . . .
The Bay of Fundy Waters: How Mighty
- twice daily over 100 billion tons of water moves in and out of the bay
- these waters exceed the amount of all the water in all the rivers of the world
- sheer weight of tide flowing into Minis Basin, causes Nova Scotia to tilt !
The Bay of Fundy Tidal Action;
- each phase of tidal cycle is 6 hours, 13 minutes - average tide range 45.5 feet
- tide times move ahead one hour per day
- highest tide 54.8 feet, Burntcoat Head, Hants County, Nova Scotia - on Minas Basin
Ready to explore ?
We will help you tour, travel in and around, and on the Bay of Fundy. Explore this wonder of the world, go nature and whale watching, travel by ferry to remote Fundy Inlands, cross the Bay from Digby to Saint John, walk on the seabed which will soon be covered by Fundy’s Tides, travel out to the headlands, discover dinosaur fossils, gems stones and much more!
Just tell us...
- how many days (minimum is two and a half but no maximum)
- your interests so we can develop where we go, what we see, what we do, for each day
- who is going; Just you and your group? Or Open to others? (a great way to meet new people). Remember minimum for a small group bus tour is four - the maximum is six
- the start and ending dates of this journey
Blue Diamond will take your instructions and develop a journey that incorporates all the elements you want, thus creating your tour your way!