DIY Cruise Ship Excursions
It is expected to be a very busy cruise ship season in Halifax with more than 125 ship visits booked into this historic harbour. For you, a cruise ship passenger, it means that shore tour providers will be in short supply on many days due to early bookings and therefore unavailable to help you.
You could contact Blue Diamond Tours but we too may be unavailable.
Here are some “Almost Free” Do-It-Yourself Shore Excursions so you can be you own guide for a day-trip of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
I've never seen anyone do that before (DIY excursions)- it's a brilliant idea! It is a brave thing to do, as a lot of people would assume that then people would do their own thing instead of taking a tour with you. But I see it as a goodwill gesture - show people that they can do some things on their own, then they will feel good about your services and still probably take a tour of something else.
United Arab Emirates
- Saint Paul's Church & Grand ParadeSaint Paul’s Church parish, which was founded by Royal Decree in 1749, and the church building which dates from 1750, is the oldest church in Halifax. Created May 5, 2009
- A Secret HalifaxThere are two historic sites or neighborhoods within walking distance of the cruise ship dock. Created April 09, 2009
- Annapolis ValleyIn early February we took a short holiday to the Annapolis Valley. The weather was cold but it was sunny and we took some great snaps. Created February 27, 2009
- Brunswick Street Called Barrack Street during Halifax’s early years and it did not have a great reputation. Later it was renamed Brunswick Street after the Royal Family’s name Brunswick. Created February 27, 2009
- See Halifax with F.R.E.D.F.R.E.D. (Free Rides Everywhere Downtown) is a excellent and free way to see Halifax. Use this guide in conjunction with the Halifax DIY tour Created August 20, 2008
- HalifaxStarting at the Cruise Ship Terminal this excursion is perfect for cruise ship visitors, tourist and even locals who want to see more of our beautiful city.
Created June 21, 2008
- Halifax Dartmouth Ferry It's the oldest continuously operating salt-water ferry in North America and is your "harbour-cruise" portion of The Almost Free Family Fun in Halifax, Nova Scotia DIY Cruise Ship Excursion.
Created Sept 24, 2008
- Halifax Harbour walk Located along the waterfront in is the a 3-km boardwalk popular amongst tourists and locals. Many mid-sized ships dock here at one of the many wharfs. Created June 21, 2008
- Halifax Harbour walk: Private Yacht There is always something new on the Harbour walk. This time we look at posh private sea going yachts.Created September 3, 2008
- Public Gardens and Victoria ParkA stroll through two parks in downtown Halifax. One a Victorian-style garden the other a perfect place for out door concerts, festivals and picnics. Created July 31, 2008